Y3W26 - Schweinegrippe

Avery was sick all week. Low grade fever, no cough, headache early on, and the Doctors kept saying it couldn't be the Swine Flu because she didn't have the right symptoms. So, on Wednesday she developed the cough. I took her to the doctor and they said she had bronchitis. They put her on antibiotics, which was a complete nightmare to get her to take, and voila she was better in a matter of days. However, then other people in the school had the same symptoms as Avery and what do you know? They tested positive for Swine Flu. Did she or didn't she...that is the question.

While most of my week was spent dealing with sickness and preparing for my mom to come, it was a good week. It felt very productive.

My mom came on Saturday morning. We picked her up in Siegburg and were off running. We started at the Christmas market in Bonn, with the mushrooms of course. As usual, we spent time looking at all of the available goods along with eating, eating, and more eating. It was a very nice day.



At the end of the day though, I started with the headache, then the fever, etc. By Sunday morning, I was flat. Greg was extremely nice to step in and teach my lesson for me. Although ny mom came to have fun and experience Christmas in Germany, it was kinda nice having her to fill in where I was lacking while I was sick.

Comments

We're getting pretty stoked to be come out in two weeks! Fortunately, our kids have gotten the swine flu vaccine, so they should be good to go. I just got a regular flu shot, so hopefully that will suffice. They(especially Soren) have been battling colds for the past week or so but are on the mend. Better to go through that now, than while we on vacation.

Popular Posts