Y2W50 - Alles Gute zum Mutter Tag

The week was pretty darn basic. However, the weekend was incredibly busy. Saturday, we needed to go to the market first thing in the morning to grab a few things (after Greg made imported blueberry muffins though). We had about a hour and a half until we had to drop Avery off at a birthday party. Then, we were on our way up to Köln to meet a friend of ours from Ann Arbor Ward at home. We spent a little while with Brad at the Dom.




We could only spend about an hour and a half with him before we had to drive back and pick Avery up from her party. Then we went to some other friends for dinner (the Millers). We just have the most fun with the Millers, and our kids love to play with their kids. It is always a win-win.


Sunday at Church, I had to conduct RS which I have done before but this time I had to do it all by myself auf Deutsch of course. So, I was a bit nervous. It turned out okay I think. For the first few minutes though, the person teaching the lesson was not there, so I was sweating bullets until somebody told me she was out in the hall. Phew! I was thinking, I can handle conducting in German but to wing an unprepared lesson in German, that may be overstepping my capabilities just a bit. Thankfully the teacher was there. We came home, had a great dinner (Chicken Marsala) one of my favorites and awesome brownie sundaes. Thanks for the Sanders hot fudge, mom! Then, the girls put on a presentation for me with singing and dancing. And, of course gave me the presents they had been working hard on all week. We took our annual Mother's Day picture which actually turned out pretty good this year. It was a great weekend. I am so blessed.


Comments

Kris and Linda said…
Ellyn, I love the picture of you with the children. I'm glad that it was a great Mother's day for you. I wish I could have seen the concert, it looks as though Greg was having a good time. Linda
HW said…
You ARE so blessed. What a beautiful picture of you and your babies. And how fun that you got to see Brad! Love it. Love you.

Popular Posts