Y2W39 - Karneval

Okay, I completely blame my friend Rachel for the tardiness of this post. I planned on getting it done before our little vacation but I wasted so much time on Facebook, that I neglected my blogging duties. It is Karneval time again, so the whole week we saw people (even little kids) dressed as French soldiers. It was a busy week leading up to Karneval at school. They changed their minds several times about their costumes which for some reason stresses me out. And, of course the girls had to be in the school talent show again so there was much practicing going on. Here are the pics:






It is pure craziness as the whole town gets decked out in costume (adults included) to celebrate. I was a pirate this year, Bailey a cat, Avery an Asian princess, Bryn was Sleeping Beauty(not much of a costume since she truly believes she is Sleeping Beauty), and Lleyton was a cowboy.
Bailey and Avery decided to do the talent show dance together. They did a great job especially since most of our practice time was used up when we were all sick. I was so proud of them. Especially Avery at 5 years old, getting up in front of the whole school to do a dance with her sister. They were a bit disappointed that all of the acts were cut a bit short just so we would get out of school on time but it was really fun to watch none-the-less.


Comments

Kris and Linda said…
The dance is wonderful. I'm so proud of Avery and Bailey. Since I can't be there thanks for taking the video of the performance. Nana

Popular Posts