Y2W10 - Great Expectations

After having to postpone our grandiose plans of doing some fun "kid things" this week, both Monday and Tuesday because of sickness, we made up for it the rest of the week.

Wednesday, we were finally able to try out the Wildlife Park in Rolendseck (where Avery was supposed to have her field trip last year that kept getting cancelled). It was great but I was a bit unprepared for the ruggedness of the trail. It made the stroller very difficult to push. We were approached by goats, donkeys, deer, etc. which freaked the girls out slightly. I don't think they thought that the animals would be walking along side us on the trail. It was very hot but right down the road, so we stayed for a couple hours, played in their playground for a bit and then headed home. I was very tired by the time we got home.



Thursday was hot as well so of course we went to the pool. All was great except when Avery really wanted to go down the water slide. She wouldn't go unless I was at the bottom waiting to catch her. I appeased her wish, but the next thing I knew Bryn was climbing the stairs to go as well. Avery came down super slow, holding onto the sides the entire time. Bryn, on the other hand, came down like a bullet. The first couple times were okay because she had her legs spread apart, but the next time she came at me full force with her legs extended and kicked me really hard in the stomach. I was worried that it may have harmed the baby but everything is okay.

I actually had a Doctor's appt on Friday morning where they hooked me up to a fetal monitor to see if I was having any contractions. I thought this was so unnecessary, because by the fourth baby, you pretty much know if you are having contractions or not. Anyway, I went along with it. We are still on track for a September baby. No signs that the baby is coming early this time, so we will have to wait and see. Okay, another poll, since we never find out what we are having, I'm curious to see how many people think it will be another girl this time, or do you think we will buck the odds and have a boy?

We went to Luxembourg on Saturday. What a cool place. We visited the Notre Dame Cathedral (yes, Luxembourg has a Notre Dame as well as Paris) and the architecture was so interesting inside. The columns were carved in what I would describe as celtic designs, see for yourself in the pictures. The stone work was probably the most intricate I've seen in any cathedral. Then, we walked through a fortress that dates back to the Roman Era, complete with catacombs, tunnels, dead ends. It took us a while to find our way out. We walked along the outside of the fortress which had a quaint little vineyard down the hill towards the river, and then continued our walk along the river back into town.



On the way back to Germany, we stopped at a butterfly garden which the girls thought was really cool.




What a great day and week for that matter. While we weren't quite as ambitious as I initially thought we would be, we did many kid things that the girls really enjoyed.

Comments

nickyfish said…
Andrea came to visit in Salt Lake, and so I got your blog address. What an adventure you're having! Hope all is well, congrats on baby #4! I just started a blog page too, nickyfisher69.blogspot.com.

Popular Posts