Forty-First Week in Germany

This week was crazy, primarily because I agreed to have a Young Relief Society Sisters evening at my house. This means I had to get the house ready, I had to get all of the laundry done and put away (Have I mentioned how long it takes to do laundry here?) Not to mention, we had four play dates for Bailey last week, two of them here.

If that wasn't enough, Avery decided that she didn't want to go to school on Wednesday because her friend Ava doesn't stay for lunch that day. So, instead of just discussing this with me, she decided to hide in the house. Bailey and I looked everywhere for her for about twenty minutes. I was yelling, "Avery, Avery, this isn't funny, if you are here you need to answer me." We checked the basement several times because Bailey went down there to get her soccer stuff out of the dryer. I was afraid she got snatched right out of our stairwell. I couldn't imagine what happened to her. Her coats were here and her shoes so I knew she didn't go outside on her own accord. Bailey and I went to the neighbors house to ask her to call the police for me and I went back in the house. Bailey, Bryn, and I got on our knees and said a prayer and I went downstairs to check again, and there she was in her room. Greg was already on his way home from Köln when I called him and told him we found her. My neighbor called the police back and told them that we found her, which is apparently a really really serious thing in Germany. If it would happen again, I could have Social workers coming to the house every four weeks. Needless-to-say, she is safe and sound. She was hiding under the covers in the top bunk, a place I failed to look because I assumed she would answer me when I called her. I'm sure she could hear the panic in my voice.

I spent the rest of the day making RS address books for the young sisters, and preparing the games that we were going to play. Thursday evening, we had the activity. It was really nice. But, I was glad to have it over.

Saturday, the girls school had an open house and Bailey had to do a dance performance and be there by 9:30AM. We got an early start, then we checked out the prospective classes for our girls for next year. Avery had a birthday party in the afternoon, so directly after the open house we had to go buy a present. Bailey had a couple birthdays to go to as well, but threw an absolute fit in the store because she would not agree on what to buy for her friends. It was unbelievable. I honestly don't know what had gotten into her. It was bizarre. While Avery was at her party and Bryn was taking a nap, Greg and Bailey took some time to bike ride along the Rhein River. After all of the birthday parties, we were relaxing at home having a video conference with the grandparents, when Bryn decided it would be fun to climb up the back of the baby doll stroller which made her crash onto her chin and made a pretty nice gash under her chin. Never a dull moment.




That was basically it. The week flew by but reminded me of the most important things, which is always a good thing when most days are so busy it is easy to forget.

Comments

Popular Posts