Y3W4 - Partying Despite The Broken Bone

We started out the week with Lleyton turning 9 months. Here are a couple cute pics...one of the benefits of having three sisters, is there are always plenty of pink toys laying around to chew on.




What started out as a "this will be a great catching up week" turned out to be a "Oh my, I am sooo behind week." Why, you ask? Tuesday, Bailey broke her collarbone. Poor kid. I really have never seen her look so pathetic. I picked her up from school early but I had no idea that she had a broken bone. Wednesday when she didn't seem any better, we took her to the doctor who referred us to the hospital for some X-rays. They gave us a splint to have her wear which seemed to make her even more uncomfortable. She also lost her left front tooth Wednesday morning which improved her mood slightly. All-in-all, she was a trooper. She even went to a half day of school on Friday afternoon.

Thursday was Bryn's end of the year kindergarten program with singing and dancing. It was really fun to watch.



It was also the annual Summer Fete on Saturday, where we went for a short time beause Avery was dancing. Poor kids, as soon as their music started, so did the rain. Bailey went with us to watch but she was pretty disappointed that she couldn't dance. We decided it was probably better for all of us if we left early. I was nervous about Bailey getting bumped and she felt bad that she couldn't participate in all of the games. We went to Vapiano instead and had a brilliant lunch. That evening was a going away get together for the Leshes. They have been here a little bit longer than us and we have become great friends.





We ended the week with a BBQ at our house with some friends from school. It was good fun and we all have a bunch of girls that really enjoyed playing together.




Comments

Kris and Linda said…
i'm so glad that Bay is feeling better. Too bad about the summer fete. Cute pictures of Lleyton by the horse. Mom
Uncle Ryan said…
Bay - I was sorry to hear that you broke your collarbone. I immediately thought that your dad had pushed you over while playing soccer in the backyard, which is how he broke my collarbone when I was a little. I also broke my other collarbone just about the same way (except it wasn't your dad this time) in my last high school soccer game. They seem to heal quickly, so be of good cheer. I also had to wear that funny brace that pulls your shoulders back. Be happy about that, because Nana had to wear a huge body cast when she broke her collarbone as a little girl.
Kris and Linda said…
Bay,
You've been really brave with you broken bone. We are really excited to come and see you. Nana

Popular Posts