Y2W49 - Rheinaue, Bonn, Rhein...and Swine Flu?

The week started out normal enough although Lleyton and I seemed a bit under the weather with a cold. On Wednesday, I had signed up to drive for Avery's field trip. She begged me and gave me the, "You never go on field trips with me" plea. I of course gave in and pretty much decided that whatever it took I would go on the field trip to Knauber with Avery's whole class (22 students) to pick out a gerbil or two. Lleyton threw up twice during the night so I thought I would have to cancel on her. But, he seemed a bit better in the morning. We took extra blankets just in case. We went on the field trip and everything worked out fine. However, Lleyton got worse and worse the rest of the week. I probably would have thought nothing of it until I heard that everybody and their brother had no school in the US because of this Swine Flu epidemic. Friday was a holiday which was great and the weather was really nice, but that means I had to take Lleyton to the hospital instead of just going to the Pediatrician. Let's just say that I was a little fired up about the way the cue was working. After two hours of waiting, they saw him for about five minutes or less. It was just a virus they said and gave us some eye drops and nose drops. I asked if they wanted to take a blood test just in case we had somehow been exposed to the Swine Flu, after all we did have a visitor from the US the week before. They assured me it was nothing to worry about. In my head I was thinking, "Don't you just want to take a blood test just to be safe?" It appears we have both recovered so I guess I was worrying for nothing.

Basically all we did over the weekend was walk down to the market, Greg took the girls on a bike ride along the Rhein (and apparently got ice cream), we took a walk in Rheinaue Park, and had a picnic in our "garten" or backyard. Here are the pics...




Comments

Popular Posts