Y2W41 - Bryn ist in die Schule

It's true. I have officially three kids in school now. Bryn started Kindergarten (pre-school in the US) on Monday. She was slightly unsure at the beginning especially since two other children were crying uncontrollably. She gave me a look like, "Where are you leaving me?" She did fine the rest of the week and she is loving it. I am loving the lunches we have when she gets home as she tells me about her day. What humorous conversation!



I also have some potential time to myself depending on if Lleyton takes a morning nap or not.



This was Book Week at school so it seemed like everyday there was an event. One day they took books to swap with their classmates. One day they were able to dress like their favorite character. I am feeling bad about the fact that I didn't get a picture of them in their costumes. I will just tell you what they were...Bailey was Roald Dahl's Matilda (Bailey's teacher had a picture that I borrowed off of their website), Avery was Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, and Bryn was Tinkerbell from Peter Pan. It was quite the ordeal to decide on a character and then find the appropriate costume. Somehow telling them that this isn't going to matter twenty years from now lends no help to the situation. Bryn was a little confused as to why the next day she couldn't be Sleeping Beauty, and then the next day, Cinderella, etc. I'm not sure starting school on Book Week is the way to go for 3 year olds.

I also had a Church event at my house that night for the younger RS sisters. It was nice and we ended the evening with Banana Splits, you really can't go wrong there. No pictures for this either. I am such a slacker.

We were all so tired by Friday and the girls had done such an awesome job of helping me around the house to prepare for the event that I let them choose a movie on i-tunes, and I bought it for them. Oooohhh, big spender. I know but when you don't have the option of picking up movies at the store (in English), the girls are so excited about what they can pick out on i-tunes.

Saturday, Greg went to the Temple. The girls and I did some shopping downtown. It was such a beautiful day. After raining for three or four days in a row, it was a nice reprieve. I am extremely sick of all of the rain. I am ready for Summer.


I can't remember exactly which day it was but Greg made waffles for breakfast. Avery announced she would not have waffles and instead had shrimp with cocktail sauce. It was all I could do to watch her eat that for breakfast! So Gross!


Comments

Kris and Linda said…
Bryn looks so cute all ready for school with back pack on. Lleyton looks a lot bigger. He really looks like he has grown a lot. Thanks for the update on the kids. Mom

Popular Posts