Y2W26 - Schnee

It truly was a very basic week except that Greg was under the weather and stayed home from work for two days. That NEVER happens. Bryn has been diaper free for a couple weeks now, however, we are not quite accident free. In fact we had a little incident in the doctor's office last week. That was embarrassing. For years I've heard my mom talk about how she told the doctor that my sister was completely potty trained and she looked over and in the corner my sister was squatting in the corner doing her business. I always thought that was the funniest story until this week. But, I am trying really hard to "enjoy the journey." I have been crankily trying to keep up with life these days and last week I tried hard to just enjoy the good, and endure the bad without getting too emotional about either one. I have to work a little harder this week to accomplish this.


We had snow on Friday. We had snow on Saturday. We had even more snow on Sunday.

Saturday, we went to the English Store in Cologne. The snowflakes were huge on the drive into the city. We were looking for some Thanksgiving essentials. We bought quite a few sauces and things. We saw a box of Cap'n Crunch for 10 Euros which we didn't buy but we were shocked by the cost. We went to buy a birthday present for a party Avery was attending that afternoon and the stores were packed. It was essentially "Black Friday" in Germany. It was crazy, but at the same time fun to see the energy of the season. We will of course stick to our roots and not start buying until the day after Thanksgiving.

Sunday I had to teach the RS lesson. I totally chickened out and did it in English. I really didn't have time to prepare it in German this time but I felt a bit of disappointment in myself that I didn't at least try to do it in German.

The snow on Sunday was quite amazing. It actually stuck to the ground and in our backyard we had about one and a half inches. The girls thought it was awesome and played out in the yard for about ten minutes, when they came in and demanded hot chocolate. If you remember, last year, we had a mere dusting of snow a couple days before Christmas that the girls called a Christmas miracle. I tried to take a picture of the blizzard but it didn't come out so great.




This was how much snow we had Saturday morning. We ended up getting even more Sunday evening but alas the camera was not handy to capture it.

Comments

Popular Posts