Y2W20 - Arrrgh Maties

This week Lleyton and I have been finding our groove a bit more which is making it easier for me to accomplish what needs to get done.


The dreaded picture day wasn't so dreaded. Monday was the girls' class and school pictures and Tuesday was the sibling picture day. Our time slot was at 9:50am. Lleyton slept through the whole thing. We took him out of the car seat, placed him in Bailey's arms for the picture, and put him back in the car seat. Easy Peasy. Hopefully they turn out good.


It rained most of the week but ended up being quite nice for the very exciting Pirate Birthday Party. This time it was Bailey's turn. We had games such as Swab the deck, Bombs Away, Three legged race, Dress your partner like a pirate, and of course a treasure hunt (not necessarily in that order). Greg was the architect of the treasure hunt and was super helpful during the party. I am so used to always having the Grandmas help that usually Greg gets off without being asked to do too much. This year he certainly got to do his share. It was really fun and it was something that Bailey had been looking forward to since the summer vacation. Yikes, I can't believe she is Eight Years old already. It was only yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital and I was scared to death to have a baby that was depending on me for everything. I am still coming to grips with the idea that we have four kids that we have been entrusted with to raise. Sometimes I look around and think, "How did we get here?"



After the party we went downtown Bonn. It was just such a nice day that we wanted to be out in the nice weather.




Sunday was Stake Conference for us in Düsseldorf. We planned on leaving at least an hour before but Lleyton decided to annihilate his outfit which meant a bath and change of clothes, which also meant Bryn undressing herself while Greg and I are dealing with Lleyton's "incident." We get out the door, a little hope by this point that we will make it reasonably on time when we hit a Stau. I think I described this in the last post. A major traffic jam due to construction on a Sunday morning. Who would have guessed? So, we arrived about an hour late. I was blessed to have one of the talks given in English. I could help occupy my children with snacks/books and still listen and get something out of it. When the talks are in German, I have to concentrate so hard just to pick up bits and pieces of what is being said.

Comments

Popular Posts