Y2W16 - Okay, Let's Go...

Avery really wanted Greg to take her training wheels off of her bike. He did it last weekend but everybody came down with colds so we never had an opportunity to take her out and teach her to ride her bike. My mom took Bailey and Avery down to the Rhein and of course Bailey begged to take roller blades and Avery wanted to take her bike. When they returned, my mom said that Avery rode her bike no problem without my mom running behind the bike holding on. Greg and I took this with a grain of salt as grandparents tend to be proud of their grandchildren and possibly even embellish the truth a little bit.

The next day, Avery was so excited that she rode her bike all by herself that we went down to the Rhein again so she could show me her accomplishments. I explained to her that with my big belly situation I would not be able to run behind the bike holding on. Her response was, "Oh, you don't need to. Just hold my arm until I get my feet on my pedals." I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, right." I did as she asked and held her arm until she got her feet on her pedals and away she went. No joke. I was amazed. All of our German friends told us that the transition from the Laufrad to a two-wheeler was no problem. Greg and I were skeptical but now we are believers. No running behind the bike, no holding on, no falling and crying, no pep talks. AMAZING!



By the way, there is no baby yet. We are still waiting. This is new to us because we expected that #4 would be early, afterall we were three for three for being early. The latest news is that I went to the Doctor on Friday, she checked the water level, said it was fine, and told me if I didn't have the baby this weekend, to come in again on Monday.

Comments

An said…
My three were all early, too, so I am just assuming this one will be. The actual due date is December 6, but I can't imagine that I won't be done by November. But if I went over that would be really crazy. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Popular Posts