Y2W15 - The Much Anticipated Jungle Birthday

It all started about three months ago when I asked Avery to start thinking about what theme she might want for her birthday. The usual Princess themes came up which would have been fine, but then she told me who she wanted to invite and to my surprise, there were quite a few boys on the list. I asked her if she thought they would want to come to a Princess Birthday and she thought maybe not. So, our work began trying to plan a non-gender specific birthday that would make Avery happy. We started brainstorming Jungle/Safari ideas and finally found a theme she thought she would like. This was the result...



We had jungle snacks, a Safari where we hunted for hidden animals, an egg race, bag races, a tiger piƱata, presents, and cake. The two hours went by so fast that I think my mom and I were running almost the entire time.

Here are some pictures of the cake. This was quite the project as Avery kept changing her mind until the very last minute. Once she wanted a sun, then a lion head, then a jungle, then a laying down giraffe. I finally told her it was simply too late to change her mind anymore and that we would surprise her. This was the outcome.





On Saturday, we were pumped up to have a Michigan Fall tradition of U of M football and cider and doughnuts. Since we are not in Michigan, we have to do the cider and doughnuts ourselves. See Chef Greg whipping up the doughnuts. Yum!








Greg played tour guide to my mom and took her to the Beethoven House downtown Bonn. She really wanted to go last time she was here but we ran out of time. Beethoven is one of her favorite composers so it was nice for them to be able to go without the girls so she could really take it in.

Comments

You rock with that awesome cake! How are you feeling? Can't wait to hear the baby news.
~Randa
Jill said…
That cake is awesome! Best of luck with the baby! I'm 2 out of 3 on being late!

Popular Posts