Y2W14 - School, Trips, & August 31st

Just because I feel like I'm pushing Maximum Density, it just seems as if the baby is happy as punch to stay inside a bit longer. I have come to grips with the fact that the baby will just come when it is ready. Just as long as the baby decides not to come on September 5th!!! That would be Avery's Jungle Birthday Party.

This week the girls started school. I think they were really excited to get back to school. I'm pretty sure they have had quite enough of mom this summer.



My mom also arrived the day they started school. It has been great having her here so far. I feel like we have accomplished quite a bit this week.



At my Doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I told her that we were thinking of going out of town this weekend to take my mom to some sites before the baby comes, it might be our only opportunity, and she was fine with it. Nothing has been happening as far as contractions are concerned, and we made it there and back, no problem.

We ended up going to a city called Verdun. My Grandfather was stationed in Verdun in 1918 in WWI. My mom has his Company Journal, which gave us the information about where specifically they were based. It was fascinating to go to the memorials, cemetaries, and museums in this area. It is remarkable to think that my Grandpa as a 24 year old came here, fought here, and thankfully returned home.




On the way to the WWI sites, we traveled through Luxembourg and stopped at a huge playground/Zoo place. The girls were very happy to get out of the car and run around and climb and play for a bit.



It was very late when we returned home. Sunday morning, it was both Greg's and my 12 Year Anniversary and Avery's Birthday. The slideshow below was my stellar Anniversary present to Greg. Maybe next year I will have a chance to actually go to the store and pick something out for him. We decided to do just a bit more sightseeing since it might be our last chance. We took my mom to Maastricht, Netherlands. We didn't go there the last time she was here visiting. The weather the last two days has been awesome as well, so it has been great to be out and about.



Avery chose cereal for her special birthday breakfast, which she had, but then we talked her into 2nd breakfasts complete with eggs, waffles, bacon, pretty much the works. We did presents when we returned home from Maastricht, had our normal video conference with family, and finished the day with some brownie sundaes.


Comments

Nate P said…
Happy Anniversary! You guys should take a trip somewhere sometime it might bring you closer together. Oh wait you've allready been everywhere!
Ally said…
Hey Ellyn!
Happy Belated anniversary! I loved your video for Schnookie! It made me feel all sentimental. You look amazing, as usual, and Greg is always a hottie! :)

Can't wait to hear about the new baby! And next time you come home, PLEASE call me! I'm missing you guys WAY too much!
xoxo,
Ally
Carolyn Hansen said…
That was so sweet! Loved the HS pictures :)
Byron said…
Hi Guys!! It has been so long since I have been surfing the blog world. So fun to see your updates, you guys look great (yes, especially you Ellyn, with your prego belly!)

By the way, your slide show was awesome. It brought back so many 90's memories. And I think that is a way better present than anything you can get in a store. Way to go!

Popular Posts