Y2W13 - Microwave Bites The Dust

As far as the highlights go...we went to the Dentist. I was so excited to go and feel that fresh, teeth just cleaned, feeling, when we realized that this particular Dentist doesn't do that. They check your teeth, make sure there are no problems, and do some preventative work, but no scraping and polishing of the teeth. I left feeling rather disappointed. I will have to ask around and see if that is how it is at every Dentist.

I was working on a little project down in my bedroom when I heard a loud crash. I thought, hmmm...that didn't sound good but heard no screaming or crying so I thought it was alright. This is what I saw when I walked upstairs.


This is the second time the microwave has "fallen" off of the counter. I put fallen in quotes because I'm sure it was pulled down off of the counter, that it didn't just fall off of the counter by itself, however, I wasn't there so I have heard several versions of the story. I actually didn't lose my chicken over this. I simply decided that the mess wasn't going anywhere so I calmly went to get the camera and took some pictures before I started the clean-up process. Needless-to-say, we bought a new microwave this weekend. I am secretly really happy about this because the new one has the auto popcorn feature, which I was seriously missing from home. It's the little pleasures in life that keep me happy.

We did some much needed To Do List things (i.e. Crib Assembly, Baby Swing Assembly, etc.) to give me a little peace of mind. I finally feel like we are ready to start school and ready for the baby to come.

The top music pick this week is a Bailey request. It was one of the recent acquisitions from I-tunes, but I neglected to add it two weeks ago.

Comments

Unknown said…
"This is why I don't consider people with 1 child to be parents. They always know who did it"- Bill Cosby. This quote instantly came to mind after reading about your week. We soon will become real parents and will have all sorts of things that "fall" down I am sure. We are glad everyone was uninjured.

Popular Posts