Y2W11 - Hairdoos & Münster Zoo

Well, we did a lot of playing in the park this week. It seems I no longer have the energy for big field trips with the girls by myself. One of the highlights this week was Wednesday when we got some new hairdoos. What do you think? The girls are very excited about their new doos.



The second highlight came on Saturday when we decided to go to Münster. They had a really nice Zoo with a Dolphinarium. We spent a few hours there which everybody loved. We went to the Dolphin show, saw a ton of animals, and played on a really fun playground where we all had fun on the swing.



The Family Swing Video Clip


Dolphin Flip Clip



Brown Capuchin Monkeys (yep, that is Bryn making the monkey noises in the background)





Then, on the way home we stopped at several moated Castles in the area. We saw some beautiful 13th - 17th Century German Architecture. See for your self...



Burg Vischering - Founded in 1270, extended in the 16th and 17th centuries






Schloss Lembeck - example of Baroque Remodeling





This castle also had a playground with trampolines - the girls had a blast...






Schloss Raesfeld - 17th Century Castle with some of its 14th Century elements intact.



If you look closely or blow up the second picture in this section, you will see two black swans. I made Greg take a picture of them because I have only ever seen one other black swan in my life, in Cambridge, England. I thought it was quite interesting to see two here. I know, I know. Hard to believe we took all of these pictures in one day. I'm having a hard time weeding them out these days so you are getting bombarded with pics and video clips.

Comments

HW said…
Wow, those girls are growing up. Cute haircuts!

Popular Posts