Y2W9 - Last Few Days with JR

Monday, the girls and I had no ambition to travel. I think we were all quite tired from the Switzerland trip and when I asked the girls what they wanted to do, they all said, "Stay Home!" So, while we relaxed, JR and Greg headed to Maastricht in the Netherlands. They were able to find the Bumbo seat for the new baby. I was so excited. I have not seen them anywhere here and to have it shipped from the US or from the UK was super expensive. Greg and JR also enjoyed getting out to the park on the Rhein for soccer. They attempted to set records for one touch juggling back and forth.



Tuesday, Greg was back to work and it was up to us to show JR Köln. He kept saying that he didn't mind if we just stayed around town but we thought it was unacceptable that JR would visit us without seeing the Dom. We had the pleasure of seeing the choir in action which is something new for us at the Dom. We also visited the Geheime Staatspolizei (Gestapo) museum in Köln. It was quite sobering. It was all in German which was probably a good thing because I could only understand so much. Next time we go, we will have to do the English audio tour. There were cells in the basement that had many writings on the walls that were the prisoner's last words. The only picture I took was of a Nazi Zepplin flying over Köln Dom.



Wednesday brought the end of JR’s trip and a brilliant two weeks. All weekend I had been searching the IKEA stock to see if the crib I wanted was in stock anywhere within driving distance...everywhere said nein. But, Wednesday morning I went online to finally order it online and it magically came up in stock in Köln, so the girls and I made an impromptu trip to IKEA to get the crib. What a relief. We now have somewhere for this new little person to sleep. Later that afternoon, the girls were playing and I walked into the kitchen and found Bryn with an open container of Chocolate frosting and two spoons!


Thursday was beautiful weather, 85 degrees and sunny so I was able to make good on my promise to the girls that the first nice day, we would go to the pool (Sorry no pictures, I was too busy trying to keep an eye on all of them). It was so nice and one of Avery's friends from school was there, which made it that much more fun. I unfortunately forgot the sunscreen so even though Friday was just as nice we had to skip the pool on Friday to let our sunburns heal. Greg got home from work surprisingly early so we went to Rheinaue park for a bit and let the girls play.

The weekend was uneventful because we spent a good portion of it trying to catch up on the blog and Bailey prepared her Primary talk. She did it on "Baptism" and wrote most of it herself. Greg and I had to take a step back because we were thinking, "Whoa, our Bailey is old enough to write her own talks." Our little girl is growing up.

Bay at 8 months
Bay at 7 years

Comments

Oh that one of little Bay is so cute! Where does time go?
Randa
Nate P said…
I think this blog would be a little more interesting if you took the time to share with us what you do in a given day! Ha. We heard that you met someone over there that is related to my next door neighbor. What are the odds. Looks like you're doing great. Miss you guys!

Popular Posts