Year 2 - Week 1 - Maastricht, Netherlands

This week was the usual stuff during the week. I had my eye on an extra bed from Ikea that we were going to buy but wouldn't you know it, it was out of stock everywhere in Germany. So, Saturday morning first thing, we jumped in the car and went to an Ikea in The Netherlands. It really worked out great. It is a little over an hour away. We got the bed and some other things and then spent the rest of the day in Maastricht. It is a really cool shopping area that we had been to once before with Greg's mom. We really had a great day together.

Avery and I in front of the Stadhuis (Town Hall).
Don't zoom too close on this one or my huge belly might knock you out of your chair.

Bailey eating a really yummy warm waffle.
I know everyone talks about Belgian waffles, but in my experience, they are soooo good in Holland.

We spent some time in this old Cathedral converted into a bookstore.
Ambiance and hundreds of books...Greg's dream store! They had an extensive English book section and Bailey found a couple of Roald Dahl books, her new favorite author.

On the way home, we stopped at the American War Cemetery in Margraten, which holds the graves of 8,300 fallen soldiers during WWII. It was decorated for Memorial Day with many flowered wreaths.

Sunday, we had the pleasure of being visited by Mike Gibbs. They were the family that helped us out so much before moving here. As much as we were sad to see them leave, we have been so happy in the house they left behind. It was really fun to visit and catch up with him.

Comments

An said…
Hello, your pregnant belly is adorable and beautiful and I zoomed in on it and it did NOT knock me out of my seat!

Popular Posts