Y2W3 - Indiana Jones, Bunco, und Geburtstag Parties

Greg and I had a date on Monday. I know, super hard to believe but we talked to a babysitter at Church and she was free so Voila! We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. At first we were nervous about being in the right theater because all of the previews and the beginning credits were auf Deutsch. We were very happy when the kids in the beginning scene started speaking English. It was fun to be on a date. We have not seen a movie together since we have been here. We thought it was okay. There is something about being able to go out (1), see a movie together (2), and be able to see it in English (3), that makes us less critical about the actual movie. For a brief moment, it felt as though we were back in the US. On our walk home from the Theater, there was a UEFA game on the big screen at the Biergarten across from the Theater. We stopped for a few minutes to watch the Nederlanders taking it to the Italians, who are the World Cup champions from two years ago. The Dutch fans were so much fun when we went to the World Cup in France in 1998, that we are always excited when they are doing well.

I was feeling really good about how the things on my "To Do" List were being whittled away when the Flu struck on Tuesday. Just me, no one else thank goodness. Luckily, I have some good friends who offered to bring my kids home from school on Tuesday so I didn't have to keep going back to school to pick them up.

It was a week of baking. I made Banana Bread, which I froze for the Summer Fete. My family was a bit disappointed when the house smelled like Banana Bread, but they couldn't have it. I made homemade Oreos for Bunco on Thursday night. It has been so much fun getting together for Bunco. I highly recommend it! The missionaries came for dinner on Friday so I made a Strawberry Shortcake recipe from allrecipes.com. It really turned out yummy. And, Greg received a Martha Stewart Cookie Book from his mom for Father's Day and he made Chocolate Marshmallow cookies on Saturday.

We walked to the market on Saturday morning to get these really good rolls we have come to love. Then, we decided to take the train to Bonn because there was a Pottery market going on. We saw some cool things, but didn't buy anything. We wanted to get some specialty foods from Kaufhof, which we did and a couple of Birthday Presents because both Bailey and Avery had parties they had to go to in the afternoon. Bailey's party was at an indoor play place and Avery's was at her best friend's (Ava) house. It was a busy day.

Sunday, was of course Father's Day in the States. Here it was just a normal day. I conducted Relief Society auf Deutsch but I was disappointed in myself because I used a cheat sheet. I really wanted to do it without the crutch of a piece of paper. Maybe next week? We actually didn't do anything out of the ordinary to celebrate Father's day. Poor Greg. But, I have been trying to encourage him to go to the UEFA game next Saturday, which I'm sure will more than make up for our lack of celebration.

Finally, we would like to give a shout out to Keira, our niece, turning two this week "Happy Birthday" and a "Happy Anniversary" to Kris and Linda.

Comments

Popular Posts