Fiftieth Week in Germany

This week we had a lot going on. Bailey had her assembly on "Mini Beasts," aka Bugs, but she gets slightly offended when you call them bugs. She has her first official wobbly tooth. This is a major milestone for her as she has been looking forward to it for quite some time.



Avery had her Kindergarten Mother's Day program, which I unfortunately had to miss because my 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for the same time. I tried to get it changed and they said they had no other appointments for May. I felt so bad that I had to miss it so Greg went into work late so that he could go to the performance and video tape it.
The ultrasound went well although it took me forever to fill out the forms. The receptionists didn't speak very much English and I could not make out the very specific medical questions it was asking. We muddled through. At this point, the baby looks good. As usual, I tried to peek at the sex but she avoided the area like the plague.

Weather wise, it was the most beautiful week. High 70's and low 80's all week. If it could only be like this the entire Summer, I would be happy. We stayed after school several days and played on the playground. So nice!

On Saturday, there was a Primary Activity in Rheinaue Park. It was a Scavenger Hunt/Rally. The girls had a great time. The activity started at 10:00am and we ended up staying until 3:30pm. There was a Ward BBQ after the activity which was really fun. Bryn was so pooped by the time we left that she fell asleep on Greg's shoulder as we were walking back to the car.

Sunday was of course Mother's Day. Greg made me Eggs Benedict for breakfast. It is one of my favorites. At Church the girls sang the sweetest song in German. They even got some applause from some new members that didn't know you weren't supposed to clap. After Church we had some guests who used our skype access to conference with their moms, as did we. The girls and I made homemade Oreo cookies. They were so good. I got the recipe from a friend at BYU about 11 years ago and have never made them until today.

Oreo Cookies
Devil's Food Cake Mix
2/3 cup Shortening
2 eggs

Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
Let cool
Put vanilla frosting in between cookies

Comments

Amy said…
Hi Greg & Ellyn,
Your parents forwarded us your blog so we could see what you have been up to. WOW! Your little girls are growing up so fast! I look at them and it makes me think of when our girls were that young. Enjoy every minute.
Congratulations on the expected arrival of a baby in September. I really want to know if you are having another girl!!
Anyway - thanks for sharing your blog and enjoy the wonderful experience you are having in Germany.
Take care,
Amy Binns

Popular Posts