Forty-Eighth Week in Germany

I am slacking again. I realize that, life just gets so darn busy with three little ones and one on the way. This week was pretty normal. I spent much of the week preparing for a Relief Society lesson I was supposed to be teaching on Sunday. The reason it took so much preparation was because I was giving it in German. Yikes. With much help from my German Teacher and Claudia who serves with me in the RS Presidency, I was able to translate my lesson. The hard part was practicing enough to avoid sounding like a four year old reading. It went pretty well. Everyone seemed complimentary that at least I tried to do it in German. I have to teach again in July so hopefully I will not be so nervous by then. I am happy it is over. Phew! Most of you know how intense I can get over something like that. One of the highlights of the week was on Saturday...Greg took the girls to an outdoor Museum in Kommern. Apparently it is like Greenfield Village - only German style. Here are the pics...



Sunday, after Church was over and I could finally relax a bit, Greg made the yummiest Strawberry Rhubarb pie. It was really good.

I am going to end on a funny Avery story - we have lunch together (just the two of us) every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Bailey is at school and Bryn is sometimes taking a nap. The other day I was looking at her while we were eating. She said, "Why are you staring at me?" I responded with a resounding, "Well, I like to look at beautiful things." Without thinking about it for more than a second, her retort was, "The flowers on the table are beautiful, why don't you stare at them?" I love age four.

Comments

Popular Posts