Thirty-Eighth, Thirty-Ninth, and Fortieth Weeks in Germany

I know. I am such a slacker lately but for good reason. A topic I will dicuss later in the blog. Since we went to Berlin and Prague, we have been trying to get back to normal. We have had a bit of sickness with Bailey, Avery, and Greg being out of school/work here and there for minor sicknesses. I even had a day of the flu. One reason the blog is so far behind.

The only things I have to report that are exciting from the last couple weeks are that Bryn decided to take a hammer to our wall and make about a hundred dings in the plaster. Greg is really looking forward to repairing that this weekend.

Oh yes, we have this lock system on our doors that allow you to put the key either in the inside or outside of the door to lock it. So, one day we were in good shape, getting out the door on time for once, when Avery was thirsty. So, I opened the door with the keys on the inside, went into the kitchen to take care of Avery's needs, at which time Bryn decided that is was wrong that Avery was drinking out of her cup, a huge meltdown ensued, now we are running late, so I am hurrying the girls out the door. We walk out, shut the door, and then I check my pocket for the keys, which are still on the inside of our door with the door now locked. Luckily, I had my cell phone because we were stuck in the stairwell. My landlord came over and opened the stairwell door but because my keys were in the other side of our door, his key would not open our house door. We had to call a service (locksmith) who came within an hour and in seconds pushed our key through to the other side. 77 Euros later, our keys were out. Actually it was quite a bargain as I have since talked to many people that have had the same problem and their service charged 100 or even 200 Euros to get the keys. Greg fails to see how this is cash save.

Bailey has been an extremely busy girl lately. I told her I would have to get her a pda so we could keep track of her social calendar. It is great to see as she was struggling a bit with this at the beginning of the year.

The biggest news at least for me is that I had a Doctor's appt. last week and we are pregnant with #4. When the doctor did the ultra sound she was being very thorough and telling me that my uterus seemed quite big already and the baby seemed big. While she was saying this, my eyes were getting quite large, as if to say, what are you trying to say? She said there is only one heartbeat which Greg and I took to be a relief. So, we are right around thirteen weeks along right now. As usual we will not be finding out what the baby will be, so you will have to be in suspense until he/she is born. Long story short, that is why I have not been very timely with the blog, I have not been feeling my best lately.

Greg has had the opportunity to take in two FC Köln soccer matches over the last couple weeks, which was great. Bailey accompanied him to one of the matches and he went with the Elder's quorum to the other one.

We have been having beautiful weather the last couple weeks, since we returned from Prague. Then, last weekend Winter returned. we have snow and everything. The German parents at school were assuring me that this is it. After this little Winter storm, we will start to see Spring. I really hope so, then we can rub it in to all the people in Michigan that we have Spring, and you still have Winter (especially those that just moved back to Michigan from Spain).

I'm sure more things happened in the last three weeks, but those are the highlights. I just had to get something posted.

Comments

Carolyn Hansen said…
Congratulations on baby #4!
PS-Wish Greg our best with his home repairs this weekend :) Someday he'll laugh about it...right?
Jess said…
Congrads!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope you feel better soon though. Got to love those wall repairs...we are thinking about buying stock in Lowes :p
Lisa said…
Yay for baby #4, that is such happy news!
Byron said…
hooray, hooray! #4 is so much fun! I hope it is a boy......

Popular Posts