Forty-Fourth Week in Germany

Easter Monday started the week, where we realxed and spent some time with each other. The girls were off of school for a whole other week which was so nice for us. We spent time playing games, painting, dancing, more dancing (the girls really like to dance and then create little performances for us), and watching movies. I don't remember the last time I watched a movie in the afternoon. This week, I think I watched six.

Thursday, I had the opportunity to get together with some other English speaking women to play some Bunco. It is a dice game for those of you who didn't spend hours of your childhood playing this game with your 80 year old grandparents. It was really fun. Then, on Friday night, Greg and I went over to our landlords' house for dinner. We have been trying to organize this since October and finally we were able to make it happen. Stefanie made Thai food, which was awesome. She took a class in Bangkok, when she was flying for Lufthansa Airlines. She also told us a funny story about Dieter Uchtdorf because she flew with him when he was still flying for Lufthansa. Small World.

Greg started to organize all of the files and folders on our laptop and copy them over to the desktop. We didn't have time to do all of this before we moved. A really distressing thing happened in that we discovered that my backup discs for our 2003 and 2004 pictures were not readable, We are trying to recover them because we left the hardrive with my mom when we left. I will let you know how this all unfolds in the coming weeks.

My mom sent some Easter packages for the girls and since she has not gotten high-speed internet yet, so we can have conference calls with her, I am publishing the pictures here that we took when they were opening their stuff. Thanks mom. The girls love getting packages from the Grandmas! Here is also a picture of them in the dresses she sent.





Bryn has started telling knock knock jokes - here is a clip of her first "stand-up" comedy:




Here is a clip we like to call, "Like Papa, like Bryn" because Papa (Greg's dad) uses a lot of pepper and clearly Bryn did not inherit this trait from me. It doesn't matter what we are having for dinner, Bryn grabs the pepper and puts it on her food.



Comments

Popular Posts