Thirty-Third Week in Germany

Just when you thought life was going to go back to normal...some out of the ordinary things happened this week. I started taking all of the Christmas stuff down, including the 3 meter tree which I had to cut in half with a saw to get it outside and then cut all of the branches off of the lower portion of the trunk to get it outside. But, Bryn and I did it. She helped by holding the door open for me so I wouldn't get locked out. Then, on Wednesday morning, Bryn thought she would surprise us by hiding my car and house keys in the dress-up clothes drawer so we had to search and search for about a half an hour which made us a bit late to school.


On Thursday morning, while we were putting everyone in the car to go to school, we got hit by a bus. Yes, a big Bonn City Bus. We were in Greg's Fiesta, and if you can believe it, the bus had more damage than the car. We had just a large scratch on the inside of the open door, of which I was standing in buckling Bryn into her carseat when it hit us. I was a few inches from getting hit myself. I thought when it hit that he had taken the whole door off so I was a bit afraid to look, but thank you to the expert craftmanship of Ford products, we got a scratch and the bus lost a whole rear bumper and tail light. I called the school and told them we were going to be a little late because we got hit by a bus. I think I'm starting to lose credibility with all of these bizarre reasons we are late.


To any Ford Advertising people who read this blog, you should make this into a commercial. A Ford Fiesta taking on a City Bus - A friend of mine called it a regular David and Goliath story.


We finally received the last Christmas package we were waiting for from France. And, we also received a very cool package from Greg's brother and family. Thanks. It is so awesome. In fact, I am eating a frozen Reeces peanut butter cup as I am writing this and it is a taste that I had forgotten how much I love. You can send us packages like that anytime, although I am sorry about the cost of shipping.


To all the Detroit people out there, I heard there are amazing fares to Europe right now (until March) from Detroit. I have no idea the particulars or if the deal will still be going on by the time I post this, but it is probably worth a try if you are looking to visit. Just don't come the first week of February as we are expecting Greg's parents for a visit. This will be the first time Papa has been able to come over and see us since we moved in May.

The weekend was great. We spent Saturday sleeping in, shopping, and getting ready for our dinner guests. Some friends of ours from Ann Arbor (but we actually didn't know them until we all came here), and some friends that I met through Bryn's toddler group. They are the ones who hook us up with some things from the American Army Base. We had Bunjacowda, Raclette, and Chocolate Fondue. I know we have been doing the Raclette thing way too much lately but it is so good. We had a great time and the kids all played very well together.

Sunday, I had to conduct Relief Society in Deutsch and lead the music. I had a cheat sheet in case I forgot what I was supposed to say which came in pretty handy. I was very nervous but now that I have done it once, I think I will be more relaxed next week. We had our first lesson on Joseph Smith today and the Sister teaching had a copy of Joseph's handwritten First Vision. I thought that was pretty cool so I did some searching on the Church website and found this link, which has a ton of historical Church documents. I thought it was very cool. Take a look if you have not seen it before.

http://www.josephsmith.lds.org/josephsmith/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=041579179acbff00VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD&locale=0

Bis Sonnestag...

Comments

HW said…
Go Ford! I'm so glad you and the girls weren't hurt either. You are doing SUCH COOL THINGS! I'm loving reading about your trips to Paris and seeing Avery whip that little boy around in her dance performance. Thanks for posting.

Popular Posts