Twelfth Week in Germany

Not much has happened this week either. We have been taking it easy. Highlights of the week are: we finally made it to the pool in Rungsdorf, we had the moving company come over and hang all of our pictures for us. I know what you're thinking...why can't those lazy Christensen's hang up a few pictures? Right? The walls here are so hard to drill into that when you try to drill, the hole just gets bigger and bigger in diameter. So, we tried and then thought maybe we should have the professionals do it. We are renting here after all. It was nice to have everything up on the walls.

We had an awesome play date at the park with the Lesh's. Then, Greg and I had our first dinner out with a babysitter watching the kids. She was great with them. Bryn is still trying to get used to the idea that every once in a while, mom does something without her. We went out with a couple that is moving from Bonn to Ann Arbor very soon. Ryan will be doing a doctorate at U of M and working for Brad Bushman. It was so nice to have a night out and get to meet some new friends.

On Friday, we went downtown Bonn for some shopping. They were having kind of an odd Beach Volleyball tournament in the center of town. There were quite a few people and the city was very happening. It was fun. We found a great toy store that my German teacher recommended.


On Saturday we had a very full day. We started out with a bike ride along the Rhein River which was beautiful. I forgot to take the camera on this one, so you will have to take my word for it. Bailey and I had a slight crash, but nothing that deterred her from wanting to continue. Then, we headed out to Ikea again for some things. We always end up staying there longer than we think we need to. We had to go to Obi which is like Home Depot. And, then it happened. The amazing of all amazings happened. We stopped at a Getranke shop that we hadn't been to before and Voila, we found the coveted Orangina. I think Greg bought six or seven liter bottles. Greg's day could not have been better.


My favorite part of the week was when Bryn decided to climb onto the stove top, open the butter container and lather herself and the stove top in butter. I decided to take pictures because I didn't feel like cleaning it up just yet.

Comments

Jess said…
I really love reading your blog Ellen however it makes me miss you every time I do. That butter thing sound very familiar...only I think Ethan ended up eating the stick. I'm glad your having a wonderful time in Germany and the pictures are great the girls have grown so much since you've been gone it's incredible. How is scrapbooking going have been able to keep up the once a week thing with the move?
Jill said…
So what is orangina? Sounds intriguing! Glad you're having such a great time!
k said…
I just found your blog, and it's nice to hear all about your adventures in Deutschland! I've always wanted to visit there, so your reports will fuel my dreams of taking a trip someday :) I love the butter thing! Bryn looks so much older with her longer hair. Miles hasn't tried this with butter yet, just green beans in his hair!

Popular Posts