Eleventh Week in Germany



I will pick up where I left off with the London trip. We decided to stop in Brugge, Belgium on the way home. Greg had been there once before and had told us many times what a cool city it was. There is a canal that runs through and around the city. They are supposed to be renown for their pommes frites (french fries) and their Belgian waffles of course, so we had to have both. I stood in the pommes frites line, while Greg took the girls to find waffles. It seemed to take forever and when I got to the front the pommes frites guy yelled at me. I am talking not very nice at all. Needless-to-say, it sorta put a damper on the day for me. But, we wanted to plow through and not let some guy ruin our day. We were all very tired though and we still had a three or four hour drive back to Germany. We saw the things that Greg thought we had to see, took some pictures, browsed some shops, and watched a live marionette show in the city square. We left there thinking we will have to do this again and spend some more time.


The rest of the week was very uneventful. We were exhausted. The nicest thing though about being gone was that when we got back, it really felt like home. On Sunday, when we walked into church, we were greeted so warmly, it felt so good to be back.

Comments

Popular Posts