Fifth Week in Germany


This was a productive week. The girls had their last week of school which we have awaited anxiously. The girls because they are just so tired and are in need of some serious sleeping-in mornings. And, me because I am tired of driving back and forth from their school six times a day.

Bailey had a Birthday party for a little boy in her class on Monday. It was great for her to do something extra curricular with her classmates.


I had my first three German Lessons which are a lot of fun. I really like my German Teacher. His name is Frank. It is funny how that name keeps popping up. During the first lesson, I put the girls in the adjoining room with a bowl of popcorn and a movie. They had eaten popcorn out of this bowl many many times since we moved into the hotel without incident. However, about half way through my lesson, the bowl went crash. I went running in to find popcorn and glass all over the floor. What an embarrassing nightmare for me with my teacher there. He went and asked for housekeeping to come up and sweep up the mess, which they did. Despite my embarrassment, I learned a few things.


We had our walk through for our flat on Friday which was so nice to get the keys. We had a bit of a relaxing weekend. Our first order of business was to get mobile phones. We went to Siegburg because there is a circuit city like store there called Saturn. We were told by several people that they would have someone there who could speak English and who could help us choose a mobile company and plan. It took us a while to find it. And, on the way we ran into this really cool Children's store. There was a city center where the girls had fun playing on spinny and springy things. We got to Saturn and asked if anyone spoke English and the only person that did was the computer guy, he didn't know anything about the cell phones. So, we ran into an O2 store on the way out of town and alas someone spoke English and walked us through the process. We had fish and chips for lunch that were so good.

We headed back to the hotel to relax. Bryn unfortunately had a horrible night's sleep so I did as well. Bryn and I stayed home from church to get some very needed rest.

All in all the week was very productive and we were very excited to be moving into our flat.

Comments

Popular Posts